OVUNQUE NEL MONDO!!!!!! (Lavoro all'estero)

Inviato da Claudia @, lunedì, aprile 21, 2008, 10:43 (5820 giorni fa) @ roberta

We are looking for someone who is above all motivated, flexible and a bubbly character to help out and fit into our family. We lead quite an outdoorsy life style and enjoy surfing, sailing, swimming and walking all of which Jersey provides in abundance.
We are looking for someone who is:-

• fairly independent and has experience of being around children.
• someone who is used to taking charge and realises what needs doing and gets on and does it without the need for daily direction
• someone who is flexible, and in return we are happy to be flexible.
• Has a good command for the English language is a non smoker and has verifiable references

Jersey is a friendly, beautiful island of 45 square miles with dramatic cliffs on the North coast and little bays, a stunning 5 mile surf beach on the West coast which we live at the end of. Everything happens pretty slowly in Jersey, people tend to have more time for each other and it has a lovely relaxing holiday feel to it! The main town in Jersey is St Helier and is only a 15-minute drive away, where there are lots of good shops, restaurants, bars and nightlife! The weather is better than on the mainland UK and the summers are generally spent out in the sunshine on the beach.

Our house is a lovely old granite house situated at the end of a 5 mile surf beach and about 10 steps from the beach. Our property has a separate studio with it which would be for you which includes a double bedroom, a bathroom and a kitchen area which has basic cooking facilities. The room also has TV with sky.

Just to let you know a little bit about our family. My husband Ben is a doctor who is a GP in Jersey and I am a primary school teacher (however at the moment I am only working on a very part time basis – 4 hours a week teaching music and singing to little ones!) We have been in Jersey for six years and absolutely love it. We have 2 children the oldest whom is our daughter Tallulah who so far has been a delight and is six. She is a bubbly, happy and friendly little soul and has really been such an easy child from day one. She is in her 3rd year at school so will be away from 8.30 until 3pm every day. My second child is a 4 year old boy called Finn who is a happy little soul who is very chatty and has a great sense of humour and adventure. He loves to play lego and read books. He is at nursery until 3 two days and 12 on the others but will be starting school in September with his sister. We have a two year old cocker spaniel who is adorable who we might get you to walk occasionally as part of your job and a very chilled 11 year old cat who sleeps most of the time!

With regard to transport, we have several bikes you would be very welcome to use and there is a bus service near our house. We would also like you to have your driving license for occasional school pick ups. There is the St Brelades Language school which is conveniently very close by. There is also another college Highlands which our last au pair did a course at.

The hours we would require would be approx 20-25per week which we would pay you £80 for including 2 nights baby sitting a week. Some weeks the hours may be less. The chores will include mainly doing an hour in the morning to tidy, hoover downstairs, put washing on, ironing etc and then you would be free until about 4. From 4 your duties would include occasionally collecting the children from school and feeding and eating with them and bathing them. The job would include 2 nights baby sitting a week and occasionally working either Saturday or Sunday morning as my husband and I like to race his sailing boat. I would like to be able to plan each week with you so that we are both happy with the hours. Occasionally if we are both happy we may juggle the hours around to suit either one of us. We have a part time cleaner who comes once a week so you would only have to do the light housework. We are also very happy for you to supplement your money with extra jobs elsewhere and will help you in any way we can, as long as priority is obviously given to us. You will have from 10 till 3 weekdays so this would be a good time to find something else should you wish to.

As my husband is a doctor he tends to have to do on call sometimes and therefore gets a generous holiday allowance. When we are away approx. 4 weeks a year we would like you to house sit and look after our cat and dog for us.

We have had 2 wonderful au pairs and from both sides the relationships have been a great success and I think we have all benefited greatly. We have remained friends with both of them and they now both live in Jersey! WE hope that the next au pair will be as big a success.

Please apply to Claudia@drbenrogers.co.uk explaining your relevant experience and supplying a photo and a copy of your cv and when you are able to start (we would like someone to start as soon as possible but will wait if necessary for the ideal candidate).

Argomento completo:

RSS Feed of thread

Sito realizzato grazie ad aiuto dello staff del Buenaventura, circolo culturale di Castelfranco Veneto
Visita informazioni su Meeting Internazionale Centri Culturali della rete Trans Europe Halles TEH organizzato dal Buenventura a Castelfranco .